Adventure, Round-trip, Guided
Our Himalaya adventure will take you to the top of the world, through the Alps of India! The valley of paradise – Kashmir – is one of India’s wildest destinations and known for its high and rough landscape. Ride through a variety of stunning scenery, like the rugged Buddhist regions, reachable via the world’s highest mountain passes, wedged in by roaring rivers and snow-capped mountains.
This round-tour starts in New-Delhi and takes you on an exciting ride with breathtaking vistas through the Himalayas to the city of Leh. You will discover a former summer residence of the British Raj (at 7,217 ft above sea level) and ride from the Indian plains and the green terraced fields of the lesser Himalayas to the rugged and barren landscapes of Ladakh. Experience the exhilaration of riding the world's highest motorable pass – at 18,380 ft - to Nubra Valley and the Buddhist monasteries of Hemis, Lamayuru, Tikse, and Alchi. Lodging is arranged in middle class hotels and some camping. At the end of the journey you will fly back from the city of Leh to Delhi.
Two-up riding is feasible for experienced riders and adventure seeking passengers. The support vehicle with guide and mechanic will transport your luggage between the accommodations and provides limited space for pillion rider/passengers.
Highlights: Ladakh, Kashmir, New Dehli, Shimla, Rothang Pass, Stok palace, Matho monastery, Hemis and Tikse monasteries, Leh, Kardung La, Lamayuru Monastery, Sand Dunes at 12,000 feet, Indus Valleys
Daily riding hours:
Suitable for passengers:
Suitable for children:
3 (out of 5)
Mainly tarmac, with some stretches with gravel
With the tour guide or on your own, as you prefer
Passenger only, minimum age 16
Comfortable middle-class hotels, a communal camp (a large tent with beds)
|Day 1:||Arrival in New Delhi||(0 miles)|
|Day 2:||New Delhi - Kalka (train)||(19 miles)|
|Day 3:||Kalka - Shimla||(50 miles)|
|Day 4:||Shimla - Mandi||(138 miles)|
|Day 5:||Mandi - Manali||(72 miles)|
|Day 6:||Manali - Keylong||(69 miles)|
|Day 7:||Keylong - Sarchu||(63 miles)|
|Day 8:||Sarchu - Rumtse||(113 miles)|
|Day 9:||Rumtse - Leh||(56 miles)|
|Day 10:||Leh||(50 miles)|
|Day 11:||Leh - Nubra Valley||(88 miles)|
|Day 12:||Nubra Valley - Alchi||(113 miles)|
|Day 13:||Alchi - Lamayuru - Leh||(106 miles)|
|Day 14:||Leh – New Delhi (flight)||(0 miles)|
|Day 15:||New Delhi (sightseeing)||(0 miles)|
|Day 16:||Departure||(0 miles)|
- All-weather motorcycle experience
- 18 years old or older
- Off-road riding experience
- Valid motorcycle endorsed driver's license, category A (non-restrictive)
- Valid ID, or any required document to travel to this country (passport, visa, etc.)
- Helmets are required
- This tour covers high-altitude areas. If you have lung, heart, or blood circulation problems, please consult your doctor in advance
|Tour with Royal Enfield Bullet 500:||€2575||€2275|
Single room supplement:
€580 per rider
Note: All prices are based on a minimum of 4 riders per group. Pricing includes double occupancy accommodations, unless the single room supplement is purchased; if no shared rooms are available, the single room supplement will apply.
- Experienced tour guide on motorcycle, multilingual
- Rental motorcycle
- Support vehicle for luggage transport & passengers (limited)
- Airport shuttle (DEL)
- Airfare for domestic flight Leh – New Delhi (as mentioned in itinerary)
- General route and area information
- 14 breakfasts
- 12 lunches
- 15 dinners
- 14 days accommodations, double occupancy (if share is not available, the single supplement will apply)
- Booking fee
All services not specified in the "included services" section, such as airfare.
Tour extension to 23 travel days and 17 riding days: € 310/rider (please contact us for more details). Includes visit to Dharamshala.
- 30% deposit required for reservation
- Balance due 6 weeks prior to tour start
- With valid credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover) or PayPal
- June 7 - 22, 2014
- June 28 – July 13, 2014
- July 19 – August 3, 2014
Ask us using our online contact form.
To book your spot in this adventure today,
complete our online reservation form.