Round-trip, Street, Guided
This tour offers the most challenging street riding of any our Alps tours, simply the best Alpine riding there is! Crossing some of the highest paved mountain passes in the Alps from Switzerland through France to the Mediterranean coast, across Monaco through Italy and back to Switzerland.
This sporty round-trip tour starts in the beautiful city of Geneva, Switzerland, an ancient Metropolitan city located on the shores of the sparkling Lake Geneva. Heading south from Geneva we ride to our first destination, the famous ski resort town of Val-d’isere in France. We follow the French-Italian border across passes like the Col de l'Iseran (elevation 2770 m) and others also used as a Hors catégorie climb in the Tour de France. After three days of extraordinary Alpine riding between snowy peaks and fascinating towns, you will reach the beautiful and famous beaches of the Côte d’Azur. A day with optional riding will allow you to get to Cannes or St. Tropez. After a glimpse into Monaco we cross into Italy and head north to Turin, often referred to as the “Capital of the Alps”. The route will take you along the tallest mountain of Europe, Mt. Blanc with a stop in Chamonix before you return to Geneva.
Riding two-up is no problem. The daily distances are kept short so additional optional riding and alternate routes are available. The support vehicle will transport your luggage each night to your accommodations.
Highlights: Alpine passes, hilly back roads, Mediterranean coast, Lake Geneva, Cannes, Val-d'isere, Col de l'Iseran, St. Tropez, Mt. Blanc, Chamonix
Daily riding hours:
Suitable for passengers:
Suitable for children:
3 (see skill level)
With the tour guide or on your own, as you prefer
Passenger only, 16+
Selected 3+* Hotels
|Day 1:||Arrival in Geneva (pick-up bikes in the evening)||(0 miles)|
|Day 2:||Geneva - Val-d'Isere||(152 miles)|
|Day 3:||Val-d'Isere – Jausiers||(155 miles)|
|Day 4:||Jausiers – Nice||(150 miles)|
|Day 5:||Nice (optional riding day along the coast to Cannes and St. Tropez)||(160 miles)|
|Day 6:||Nice – Turin||(171 miles)|
|Day 7:||Turin – Geneva||(175 miles)|
|Day 8:||Departure from Geneva||(0 miles)|
- All-weather motorcycle experience
- Rider's age, minimum 21 years
- Experience riding curvy roads
- Riding experience, minimum 2 years
- Valid motorcycle endorsed driver's license, category A (non-restrictive)
- Valid ID, or any required document to travel to this country (passport, visa, etc.)
- Helmets required
|BMW F700GS, BMW F800R:||EUR 4235||EUR 2530|
BMW R1200GS, BMW R1200R
|Own motorcycle:||EUR 2915||EUR 2530|
Single room supplement:
Note: All prices are based on a minimum of 6 riders per group.
- Experienced tour guide on motorcycle, multilingual, with GPS
- Motorcycle rental
- Side cases, plastic (pair)
- Included kilometers/miles limited, but enough for entire tour
- Comprehensive insurance, with deductible: CHF2000
- Support vehicle for luggage transport and passengers (limited)
- Technical support
- General route and area information
- Daily briefing
- 7x breakfasts
- Welcome Dinner incl. nonalcoholic beverages
- 7x accommodation, double occupancy (if share is not available,
the single supplement will apply)
- Booking fee
- Local sales tax
All services not specified in the "included services" section, such as airfare.
- 20% deposit required for reservation
- Balance due 6 weeks prior to tour start
- With valid credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover) or PayPal
- Security deposit: with valid credit card
Aug 20 - 27, 2015
Aug 18 - 25, 2016
Ask us using our online contact form.
To book your spot in this adventure today,
complete our online reservation form.
ONTAD01-GVAWAT / 2015/05